Thursday 23 December 2010

Sci fi book space music soundtrack

I've been in discussion with American writer Matt Howarth who's completing a new sci fi story that I'll write the space music sound track for. It's an interesting concept; the book will be available as a pdf on the electronic music soundtrack CD, so, at this stage, beyond having a very basic overview of the story, I don't have character or plot details yet, or even a working title, so, can't really start work on the space music until I do.

But really looking forward to starting work on this project and I do have some ideas including following a very "film soundtrack" style score incorporating recurring themes and traditional electronica music atmospherics as well.

I certainly won't be trying for a Vangelis "Blade Runner" or Hans Zimmer "Last Samurai" style soundtrack, but as both are amongst my all time favorite film soundtracks, it's a fair bet to assume I'll be seeking insprirartion from those two awesome works.

As and when more information becomes available on this instrumental music project, I'll post details here.

No comments: